Wednesday 16 June 2010

MAC IS SET TO COME BACK!

Gordon Chisholm told the local press today that he will be welcoming back Mickael Antoine Curier back to Dens for the upcoming season. Speaking to the Evening Tele, he confirmed that Curier was part of his plans and hopes to create a partnership with Leigh Griffiths up front to relieve the youngster and Gary Harkins the burden of scoring most of Dundee's goals and that could prove to be a good partnership after Curier had scored 8 goals last term for Hamilton whilst on loan and Griffiths had scored around 19 goals for Dundee.
"I’ve spoken to big Antoine, we chatted for about an hour in fact, and, as far as I am concerned, he is a Dundee player with a lot to offer us,” said Chis.
“That means I expect to have him back here playing for us next season, because he is a player with a proven scoring record and I don’t see why you wouldn’t want him in your team.”
Chisholm also stated that he understood that Curier may wish to play at a higher level but stated that he could yet do that with Dundee and he also wanted to have a clean slate and forget what happened before.
I understand him wanting to play in the top league, but, in the absence of an offer we feel we couldn’t turn down, he will be with us and, right now, while there’s been some tentative contact about him, no-one has bid.
“He knows that, and so does his agent because I’ve spoken to him and he assures me the big man will be committed to our cause.
“As for what’s gone on before, I am not interested in it and don’t need to know.
“Like every other player, I will take him as I find him and, so long as he is working hard for me, I’ll be happy to have him here.”


It looks a very good partnership in the making and lets hope it can lead us to glory.



Source: http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/output/2010/06/16/story15231037t0.shtm

Photo: (c) http://www.thedees.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment