Thursday 19 May 2011

RAB AND NICKY SIGN UP FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Robert Douglas and Nicky Riley both signed new deals with Dundee at Dens today and have each penned one year deals.

Speaking to http://www.thedees.co.uk/, Nicky expressed his delight at signing on again for the Dark Blues:

I'm delighted to have come up today and put pen to paper, that's everything sorted and I'm just looking forward to next year now."

"The boys who have already signed have sown that after what happened last season then everyone still wants to be here and the aim next year is obviously to try and get promoted."

"When the club went into administration I don't thin anyone could have seen what would come next as regards the players who were left and the fans. The support we got from the fans home and away for the rest of the season was unbelievable - nobody could have expected that support, and then the run that we went on - I doubt anyone could have expected that."

"The whole club just came together, for me it was unbelievable to be a part of it and I'm sure everyone involved in the club would feel the same"


Rab Douglas also took time out to speak to http://www.thedees.co.uk/

"Brilliant to be signed up for the new season, I don't think there was ever any doubt I was going to stay. I live up here, I've got family connections here.
"Me coming back here in the first place was largely down to my father in law. He talked me into coming back, I was going to go to America at the time. I fancied going to Atlanta and I was sick of football when I left Leicester.
"We've obviously not done ourselves justice since I came back, we had the problems last season, but the fans and the players were brilliant to get us over that.
"Hopefully we can go on and have a push for promotion, we've got no divine right to be up there, but if we can keep as many of the squad together and add a couple we will be in with a chance - we'll certainly give it our best shot."

Source: http://www.thedees.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment