Friday 8 June 2012

CARL IS A DEE

Dundee's new striker

Dundee were delighted to officially parade recent signing Carl Finnigan to the press this week. The 26 year old Geordie striker has signed for the Dees after leaving St Johnstone. He was at Dens at the tail end of the season on loan from the Saints but picked up an injury that spelled the end of the loan deal.

Speaking to the official Dundee website, Carl insisted he was delighted to have joined the Dark Blues.


"'I'm very glad to be back" said Carl "Obviously finishing the season here with an injury wasn't ideal, because things for me and the team were going well, I was enjoying it and for me to go out the way I did was a disappointment, so I'm over the moon to be back.

"The time I had here was fantastic and I was really hoping something would materialise here so I could come back"


Carl also added: "There's a massive support here too and that was a factor in me returning as well, the atmosphere at this place for home games is fantastic and the away fans we take is brilliant too - just the lift they give you, and their support is brilliant. 

His return from injury was also spoken of:
"It's going really well, it's nine/ten weeks since the operation and things are definitely going to plan, we've still got a few weeks before pre-season commences so I'm just working really hard swimming and doing rehab - the hope and the plan is to be ready for pre-season.






photo (c) www.bbc.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment