Saturday 9 January 2010

Oh Dea, Oh Dea, Oh Dea!

According to reports in the media, Celtic defender Darren O'Dea has rejected the chance to come to Dundee on loan for the rest of the season. The young Republic of Ireland star has recently returned to Celtic Park after a loan stint at Championship side Reading. If reports are accurate, the 22 year old wants another crack at a Championship side on loan in order to work his way into the Celtic first team.
Elsewhere, it has been rumoured that we were after Russell Anderson, Chris McGuire and Stephen Dobbie. One loan deal that looks as if it might happen is Michael Paton from Aberdeen until the end of the season. Personally, I don't really see the need for someone like Paton to come to Dens as we have a great attacking line up. What we do need is a defender and I am a little disappointed that Darren O'Dea won't be coming to Dens. Jocky will not discuss possible names that he is looking at and that is great. The press are having a bit of a field day with players being linked with us because we have some money to spend. If Celtic and Rangers were going to spend big, then I am sure all the media attention will have been on them, not Dundee. I am sure that Jocky has players in mind and I am sure he will spring a surprise or two this transfer window. For me a defender would be top of my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment