Tuesday 28 June 2011

AT LEAST ONE MORE PLAYER TO ARRIVE AT DENS?

Barry Smith has intimated that he would like to bring at least one more player in this summer to help bolster his squad. Speaking to The Courier he said he ideally would like more than one more in but it's upto the budget to see what he can do.

"I definitely want to bring one more player in. I'd actually probably want more than that but I know I need one more at least.
"We're at 17 just now, but that includes a couple of younger ones. It's a small squad. Ideally I would like a first-team squad of 18."
 "We'll be looking at every avenue — whether it's bringing in someone on loan or making a permanent signing.
"I've got people in mind but it's just a case of waiting for things to happen."
 "Clubs will hold on until they know what squad they've got before they decide who goes out on loan, so that would probably have to wait until the start of the season. Again, we've got options there."

One possible player that is being linked with a return to Dens on loan is Leigh Griffiths but Barry was quick to rule that out straight away. He told The Courier.
"I think he would go to a club down south. I don't think we could afford to bring him up here on loan anyway."
 "He's now a Premier League player and I would imagine he's on a very good wage, which we can't afford."

Barry went on to describe pre-season training was going well and he was pleased with the rate of fitness from the players.


Source: http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/15241/barry-smith-concedes-dundee-fc-favourite-leigh-griffiths-is-unlikely-to-make-dens-return.html

No comments:

Post a Comment